Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Language Modeling Researcher (Automotive)Apply Job ID 1-42056 Date posted 08/13/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium
Mit Stolz möchten wir heute offiziell den Namen für unser geplantes Automotive Spin-off bekanntgeben: Cerence! Ab dem 1. Oktober 2019 begibt sich unser Automotive Team mit Cerence auf einen neuen Weg - ein Automobilsoftwareunternehmen der neuen Generation, das sich der Bereitstellung intelligenter Mobilitätslösungen für unsere Kunden widmet. „Cer“ reimt sich auf das englische Wort für Luft „air“ und „ence“ ähnelt dem englischen Wort für Sinn „sense“; Cerence ist ein neues Wort für eine neue Firma. Verfolgen Sie unsere spannende Reise auf www.cerence.com
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
Our R&D Language Modelling Group is looking for a Language Modelling Researcher to work with on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications – the work you do will impact real users on a daily basis.
You’ll perform a role mixing both research and development of cutting edge technologies by staying current on state-of-the-art algorithms in related fields; evaluating the usage patterns of customers via big data analysis; building models to improve core ASR accuracy of individual products and contributing to the model building codebase, including our deep learning toolkit.
- Conduct experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modelling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (such as auto-punctuation) on speech recognition accuracy.
- Identify, optimize, and cluster training data.
- Analyse product usage data to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modelling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implement improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing primarily Python and/or Perl.
- Discuss and present ideas, progress, and results within the research team.
- Improve language modelling performance in multiple languages.
- Minimum years of work experience: 2+ years
- Background in speech technology, computational linguistics, statistical machine translation and/or natural language processing.
- If recently graduated, then some kind of relevant experience or internship.
- Good software engineering skills, knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting, Perl, Python) and experience working under both Linux and Windows.
- Solid written and oral communication skills in English.
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modelling, information retrieval, deep learning, data mining, linguistics.
- Fluent in a second, non-English language.
Education: Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, or a related field.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc