Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
NLU Research Engineer (Automotive)Apply Job ID 1-41692 Date posted 07/08/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
As NLU Research Engineer you will part of an experienced team to develop the state-of-the-art technology that is used in the automotive world allowing smart human-machine interaction with the car. The research you contribute to is required to bring essential innovation to both our products and our AI training frameworks.
- You will learn about and keep yourself up to date on state-of-the-art about NLP/NLU
- Analyze various types of data in view of NLU modeling
- Develop and maintain NLU models
- Incorporate new technology into existing frameworks
- Test and analyze the performance of the next-generation systems in an integrated end-to-end setup
- Report research results in the form of technical reports and presentations
- Support professional services teams in the context of customer projects
- Develop tools for improving the AI training environment
- Assist team members in research tasks
Education: Master University degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Work experience: 1 + years
- Good software development skills in Python, Java, C and/or C++
- Familiar with Windows and Linux environments
- You have a good understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques
- You are passionate about working with data
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- A strong sense of precision and quality
- You can work individually on complex tasks and report results to stakeholders
- You are also a team player, willing to take initiative, and goal-oriented.
- You have a great sense of humor
- Experience in NLP/NLU
- Experience with compute farms and grid software is a plus
- Knowledge of deep learning and other machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of semantic web technologies is considered a plus
- Knowledge of additional languages than your mother language or having a strong affinity with language
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc