Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Research Software Developer - Dialog Manager/NLG (Automotive)Apply Job ID 1-41034 Date posted 06/17/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
We are looking for a developer with an interest in research to help productize innovative proposals based on leading edge research topics that include Dialog, Natural Language Generation (NLG), and Statistical Modeling. You will join our Dialog Research team, part of core research team in the Automotive department. You will contribute to the next generation of our in-car voice user interface and virtual assistant.
- You will contribute to the Nuance Dialog Manager and its NLG-component. (NLG:Natural Language Generation)
- You will learn about new technologies coming either from Nuance or from the Research community.
- You will interact with our research teams and help protoype new ideas to enhance Nuance Solution.
- You will need to interact, and create synergies, with other teams located across the world. Those teams include Engineering and Product Management.
- You will need to provide estimates and implementation proposal.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-1
- Excellent C/C++ or Java programming skills
- Excellent algorithmic skills
- Knowledge of Computational Linguistic or Language Engineering
- Unix/Linux environment
- Fast learner and eager to learn new technologies
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Dialog Management and NLG
- Knowledge of Machine learning
- Knowledge of languages other than English, such as e.g. German, Mandarin, etc...
- Knowledge of the micro service architecture (docker, K8s)
- Knowledge of embedded platforms
Education: Master degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer, Engineering or similar fields
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc