Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Application DeveloperApply Job ID 1-39629 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: The Medical Application Developer will contribute to the development of new NLP (Natural Language Processing)-based applications and support their rollout in the market. The Developer will do this through CLU-pipeline improvements and CLU-engine tuning for Computer Assisted Clinical Documentation. This person will report to the Manager Software Development for CLU applications.
• Assistance and support in the development of clinical NLP applications, analyzing medical reports, handling of (medical) databases.
• Analysis and implementation of XML rules based on medical coding standards, allowing the analysis of free text residing in medical documents.
• Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the scrum process
• Troubleshoot application defects.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
• By preference 3-5 years of professional experience in life sciences or medical domain.
• Literate in common IT software: MS-Office Applications, e-mail, Internet.
• Comfortable being part of a team, especially a geographically dispersed team.
• Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
• Demonstrated skills in patience, accuracy and persistence.
• Passion and enthusiasm
• Programming experience isn’t required but an asset.
• Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration.
Education: Master or PhD in life sciences or medical domain.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc