Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Language Modeling ResearcherApply Job ID 1-40796 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium | Marlow, United Kingdom | Aachen, Germany
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world.
Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Our R&D Language Modelling Group is looking for a SeniorLanguage Modelling Researcher to work with on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications – the work you do will impact real users on a daily basis.
You’ll perform a role mixing both research and development of cutting edge technologies by staying current on state-of-the-art algorithms in related fields; evaluating the usage patterns of customers via big data analysis; building models to improve core ASR accuracy of individual products and contributing to the model building codebase, including our deep learning toolkit.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modelling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (such as auto-punctuation) on speech recognition accuracy.
- Identify, optimize, and cluster training data.
- Analyse product usage data to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modelling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implement of improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing primarily Python and/or Perl.
- Discuss and present ideas, progress, and results within the research team.
- Improve language modelling performance in multiple languages.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications–
Education:Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, or a related field.
Minimum years of work experience:3+ years
- Background in speech technology, computational linguistics, statistical machine translation and/or natural language processing.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical language modelling, including estimation methods, smoothing, pruning, efficient representation, interpolation, etc.
- Good software engineering skills, knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting, Perl, Python) and experience working under both Linux and Windows.
- Solid written and oral communication skills in English.
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition.
- Experience with exponential language models, discriminative training, unsupervised adaptation and training.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modelling, information retrieval, deep learning, data mining, linguistics.
- Fluent in a second, non-English language.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc