Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Research Engineer - ASR/Deep Learning (Automotive)Apply Job ID 1-41319 Date posted 08/05/2019 Location Merelbeke, Belgium | Ulm, Germany | Aachen, Germany
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
You will contribute to the next generations of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for automotive applications on embedded platforms and on the cloud. As senior research engineer you will investigate and implement speech recognition algorithms focusing on the integration of the newest deep learning based techniques targetting continuously listening applications. As part of a strong research team, you will be able to contribute key innovations which advance the capabilities of AI and personal assistants in automotive.
- You improve, extend, research and implement algorithms for speech recognition.
- You keep yourself up to date on the latest evolution both within Nuance and externally on state-of-the-art ASR technologies for embedded and cloud.
- You use internally developed as well as third party or open source tools to achieve your goals.
- You work with internal teams as well as external partners to research innovative solutions and develop research projects around them.
- You perform tasks necessary to keep the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Minimum years of work experience: ideally 3
- PhD or Master's degree in engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and implementations.
- Good software development skills in C and/or C++, python.
- You are an excellent team player, goal-oriented.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Familiar with Windows and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of speech recognition.
- Knowledge of deep learning, neural networks (NN).
- Experience in machine learning techniques, and good understanding of the mathematical foundations behind them.
- User experience with compute farms and grid software.
- Good knowledge of open source offerings and/or commercial offerings in relevant fields.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- You speak at least two languages other than your mother tongue.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc