Senior Software DeveloperApply Location Montreal, Quebec; Quebec
Chez Nuance, nous donnons aux gens la possibilité d'interagir naturellement avec leurs divers appareils connectés et le monde numérique autour d'eux. Nous créons un monde où la technologie pense et agit de la façon dont les humains le font en concevant des modes d'interaction avec la technologie plus intuitifs.
Notre technologie agile utilise des analyses et des algorithmes avancés pour transformer l'inanimé en animé et transformer des processus complexes en processus simples.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe mobile ... où les systèmes intelligents sont maintenant prêts pour la route. Nous sommes passionnés par le développement d'interfaces intelligentes qui permettent aux gens de parler à leurs voitures, leurs téléphones et tous autres appareils intelligents.
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary:As a member of the Nuance Dragon Drive Connected Services development team you will be involved on projects with leading edge web technologies. Lead software design, implementation, and maintenance phases for web server applications in an Agile environment. Leverage experience with Java and Spring framework development to support the architecture and system design of large web applications.
• Lead technical aspects of the software solution through the full life-cycle of the project including requirements, design, implementation, security, testing and maintenance
• Prime the ownership of one or more major software components
• Write Java code and unit tests to implement the solution
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure high quality end products. Advocating and adhering to the software development's best practices.
• Collaborate with the Dev Ops team to deploy production loads private or public clouds
• Take initiative in discovering existing and new challenges pertaining to development environment, seeking to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet delivery challenges
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively, while considering the customer's perspective and business impacts in the proposed solutions
• An insatiable desire to learn new technologies and solid coaching/mentoring skills to help others learn quickly and efficiently
Number of Years of Work Experience:5+ years of relevant work experience in Object-Oriented software development
• Broad experience with Java and its advanced concepts
• Solid experience in O-O design (e.g. UML, SysML) and its design patterns
• Good practical knowledge of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop) and shared memory (e.g. Couchbase, Hazelcast)
• Good experience with a variety of computing platforms: Windows and Linux
• Demonstrated ability to focus on and complete tasks on time
• Show flexibility under changing conditions
• Ability to work with resources in different time-zones
• Excellent Oral and written communication skills
• Team leading experience and good knowledge of the Agile process e.g. Scrum Master
• Knowledge of web back-end framework, open-standard format and protocols e.g. Tomcat, Spring, Jason, XML, http, RESTful
• Knowledge of configuration management (e.g. GIT, Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration practices (e.g. Jenkins)
• Familiarity with microservices and its "container ecosystem" e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
• Working experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl)
• Testing knowledge e.g. JUnit, Unity, JMeter, Mockito, Google Mock
Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent with strong professional background
What we offer !
Unique environment for collaborative teamwork on cutting-edge technology:
- Location is in the heart of downtown
- Flexible hours
- Transit reimbursement and parking
Contributing to and collaborating with international teams that drive innovation
- Competitive benefit package:
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 10 paid sick days
- Bonus Plan, Group RRSP, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Award-winning Top Employer:
- Canada's Top 100 Employers – 7 consecutive years
- Montreal’s Top Employers – 6 consecutive years
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People - 3 consecutive years
Ce que nous offrons!
Un environnement unique et collaboratif où vous travaillez avec les technologies de pointe :
- Situé au cœur du centre-ville de Montréal
- Horaire flexible
- Allocation de transport en commun et de stationnement
- Travail de concert avec des équipes à l’international afin de repousser les limites de l’innovation
Programme d’avantages sociaux concurrentiel :
- 4 semaines de vacances
- 10 congés de maladies payés
- Régime de bonus annuel, REER collectif, Régimes de participation différée aux bénéfices (RPDB), Régime de rachat d’action pour les employés
Gagnant de prix à titre de meilleurs employeurs :
- Canada's Top 100 Employers – pour 7 années consécutives
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People - pour 3 années consécutives
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationDavid D. R&D Waterloo, Canada
“It’s all about the team here: Smart people working together to achieve our vision. Nuance is a company where folks work hard, exchange ideas, challenge the status quo, and build consensus to drive our solutions forward."
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage