Senior Software EngineerApply Location Montreal, Quebec
Chez Nuance, nous donnons aux gens la possibilité d'interagir naturellement avec leurs divers appareils connectés et le monde numérique autour d'eux. Nous créons un monde où la technologie pense et agit de la façon dont les humains le font en concevant des modes d'interaction avec la technologie plus intuitifs.
Notre technologie agile utilise des analyses et des algorithmes avancés pour transformer l'inanimé en animé et transformer des processus complexes en processus simples.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe mobile ... où les systèmes intelligents sont maintenant prêts pour la route. Nous sommes passionnés par le développement d'interfaces intelligentes qui permettent aux gens de parler à leurs voitures, leurs téléphones et tous autres appareils intelligents.
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary:Responsible for the end-to-end project life cycle of a new or modified dialog software release, from research and design to implementation, training and support.
- Productize research tools to research grid environment to support large scale AI product development in an engineering pipeline.
• Design, development, testing, deployment and support of NLP pipeline components.
• Define, develop and prototype solutions for Nuance needs, such as Natural Language Processing (NLP), Dialog, AI, Arbitration, deep learning, and Machine Learning.
• Model and algorithm development and optimization, working with software engineers to implement and productize the models and algorithms, engage in project specific activities as part of product development, as well as perform R&D work, develop tools and assets to support advanced development tasks
• Support business development efforts including guiding clients through the transformation process into a cognitive automation operating model
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+ years minimum
- Strong mathematical background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Making, voice recognition, deep learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with diverse teams in a highly matrixed environment
• Strong algorithmic and software skills
• Solid experience with Java, Python, C, C++
• Solid experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience delivering large-scale, complex systems.
• Understanding of voice technologies: grammars, Natural language understanding;
• Experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science or other related areas
• Experience with agile software development, REST, APIs, public cloud, and open source technologies.
• Knowledge and experience with the following is highly desired: JSON, XML, RegEx, GIT
• Experience with UIMA a plus
• Experience with grid engines (e.g., SGE, UGE), Jenkins, Groovy, and Gradle a plus
Education:MS in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative discipline with specialization
What we offer !
Unique environment for collaborative teamwork on cutting-edge technology:
- Location is in the heart of downtown
- Flexible hours
- Transit reimbursement and parking
Contributing to and collaborating with international teams that drive innovation
- Competitive benefit package:
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 10 paid sick days
- Bonus Plan, Group RRSP, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Award-winning Top Employer:
- Canada's Top 100 Employers – 7 consecutive years
- Montreal’s Top Employers – 6 consecutive years
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People - 3 consecutive years
Ce que nous offrons!
Un environnement unique et collaboratif où vous travaillez avec les technologies de pointe :
- Situé au cœur du centre-ville de Montréal
- Horaire flexible
- Allocation de transport en commun et de stationnement
- Travail de concert avec des équipes à l’international afin de repousser les limites de l’innovation
Programme d’avantages sociaux concurrentiel :
- 4 semaines de vacances
- 10 congés de maladies payés
- Régime de bonus annuel, REER collectif, Régimes de participation différée aux bénéfices (RPDB), Régime de rachat d’action pour les employés
Gagnant de prix à titre de meilleurs employeurs :
- Canada's Top 100 Employers – pour 7 années consécutives
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People - pour 3 années consécutives
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationDavid D. R&D Waterloo, Canada
“It’s all about the team here: Smart people working together to achieve our vision. Nuance is a company where folks work hard, exchange ideas, challenge the status quo, and build consensus to drive our solutions forward."
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage