Linux AdministratorApply Location Noida, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
In the Linux & Network Administrator role, a person will be responsible for deploying the multi-year strategy for all of Nuance mCarbon Linux infrastructure that supports our corporate and client locations worldwide. You will work with other engineers to deliver performance and service standards from your internal customer's requirements. Using your technical experience, you will deploy to standards, automate service delivery, complete capacity planning and demonstrate efficient and effective use of the Linux environment. Willing to work in 24x7 shifts & Travel as per company needs. This role reports to the IT Manager.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and Implement the technical standards for Linux OS running RHEL and CentOS.
- Implement capacity planning for Linux REPOs and support tools for Linux, (ie, Puppet, GitHub, Satellite/Foreman, JIRA, ZABBIX)
- Work with the architects to evaluate new technologies and perform POCs (Proof of Concept labs) to extend the multi-year roadmap and set overall technical direction for our infrastructure team
- Gather, analyze and drive project requirements, design and implement Linux infrastructure components
- Work closely with an outsourced/customer teams.
- Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Assists in the installation, implementation, and upgrades of internal/production systems.
- May maintain a tracking system for usage evaluation.
- Work on Monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Bug Tracking tools like JIRA, Ticketing tools like ManageEngine Service Desk.
- Maintains an inventory of all equipment, hardware, software and supplies, in CMDB & also managed User Account Controls.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems.
- Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems
- Participate in regular audits & work on timely resolution/remediation of any Vulnerabilities or security compliance that come up.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered
Minimum years of work experience:3-6 years
- 3+ years of a managing Linux Operating Systems in an enterprise environment.
- Working with teams that solve complex problems and provide detailed technical and business analysis.
- Fundamental understanding of deploying and supporting Linux servers in a highly available and fault tolerant enterprise level environment.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Experience with server infrastructure and networking technologies (Web, distributed systems, TCP/IP,HTTP).
- Experience in hosted operations with large scale deployments (x64-based server hardware, Linux server operating systems, HP/Dell, IBM server hardware).
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network trouble-shooting.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical understanding of all layers of the protocol stack, including familiarity with major application-layer protocols (SMB, HTTP, DNS).
- Must be able to read and understand packet trace.
- Experience with client server systems and understanding of the types of issues.
- Experience configuring fibre channel /iSCSI networks comprised of SAN technologies, and Clustered File Systems.
- Familiarity with RADWARE Local Traffic Managers and Cisco L3/L2 Switches.
- Ability to implement and support routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and EIGRP as well as network technologies such as MPLS and DS3.
- Experience with firewall environments.
- Experience with troubleshooting server hardware failures.
- Significant network troubleshooting and resolution experience, including firewall and VPN issues identification.
- You have a firm grasp of scripting techniques including Linux scripting language, Python, ksh, bash, shell scripting is highly desired.
- You have a deep and wide understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms, Cloud Computing,
- Configuration Management tools (example: Puppet) and strong familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL databases, VMWare and/or HyperV, OpenStack.
- You have experience with configuration, administration and performance troubleshooting experience for Linux OS, apache/tomcat, and database servers running on Linux.
- Should be well versed with Linux & Networking.
- Have good hands on experience in Delivering fully integrated, automated, and highly available Linux provisioning process with enterprise level tools and technologies
- Have sound knowledge & experience of enterprise level Networking & Telecom domain.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary.
- Superior computer skills including business applications such as MS Windows and MS Office including Excel, Access, Visio and Word a plus.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of project management
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth