Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Release ManagerApply Job ID 1-41110 Date posted 09/16/2019 Location Noida, India
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
You will own the Release Management process and lifecycle which includes accepting, planning, coordinating and scheduling the management of releases across multiple applications and datacenters (public cloud) for Automotive within your assigned region. The releases can be inclusive of application releases, updates, as well as profile and configuration changes. You will be responsible for managing and documenting releases from Engineering into Customer Validation and Production environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the Release Calendar (current and future view) for all datacenters and working closely with Customer Success Managers, Project Managers and Engineering teams to forward plan required releases. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure release milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
As release manager you’ll work across Engineering Teams to help ensure there are appropriate tools and services to help release engineers deploy releases into production. This position also works with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering and Current Engineering teams to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1. Own the release management process and workflows
2. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities and dependendies
3. Forward Plan the release windows and release cycles across the portfolios and datacenters
4. Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key stakeholder (Project managers, Customer Success Managers, Cloud Reliability Engineering, etc)
5. Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog and pending service requests
6. Translate requested change, via service requests, into detailed technical change requests and MOPs
7. Track release and customer dependencies and ensure all are addressed via planned change requests
8. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
9. Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
10. Communicate all key release project plans, commitments, and changes resulting from re-prioritization and GA delays
11. Manage relationships and coordinate work between teams
12. Conduct release readiness reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews where appropriate
13. Conduct post release reviews to highlight, track and resolve release issues
14. Produce Deployment Run Books and Implementation Plans for standard releases/changes.
15. Produce Weekly Release Reports and measure/maintain release metrics
16. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and release metrics
17. Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities for BAU and sustainment releases including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklist
18. Develop scripts and automation tools used to improve and streamline the deployment of software releases to various platforms
19. Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
20. Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, and dependencies.
21. Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
22. Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications–
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Minimum years of work experience:5+ years of experience in release management or information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Familiarity with modern Continuous Integration/Deployment methodologies and tools such as Gitlab, and Artifactory
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Knowledge of ITSM ticketing tools (for example, JIRA)
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with Public Cloud (Azure, AWS or Google)
• Knowledge of Kubernetes (K8s)
• Knowledge of Atlassian’s Confluence
• Solid understanding of project management principles preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc