Senior Engineer- OperationsApply Location Noida, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…;great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Senior Engineer, Operations is responsible for applying in-depth knowledge of the Service hosting platforms, networks, networking protocols and applications to remediate all problems.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are mandatory to work efficiently with the technical and non-technical customer organizations and the internal product management, professional service and engineering teams spread across the globe & with cultural diversity.
The primary functions of this job are to perform expert level application installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, repair and automation, execute tactical projects, and own overall problem resolution.
Ensuring that all internal and external SLAs are met is critical.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure 24x7 availability of the provided Services.
- Monitor network, service availability, platform and application performance, Alarms and other indicators of quality with the goal of identifying patterned deficiencies and prescribing temporary work-arounds and permanent fixes using programmable automation, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication on the topic.
- Proactively identify systemic/network affecting events and implement solutions before they become problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by monitoring tools; self-motivated deep dive investigation and resolution is critical.
- Manage all Services issue/ticket queues, including incident allocation and technical validations/reviews. Create and implement corrective action plans to address all issues.
- Respond to tickets/issues created by internal and external Customers directly or by our support team whom communicate with our customers.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors, suppliers, customers, and internal teams to determine root causes and provide permanent resolutions to chronic issues.
- Perform all product and service (software & hardware) installation, configuration, upgrades, operation, maintenance, repair and automation responsibilities in a high pressure, short timeline environment; this will include managing and responding to dissatisfied customer organizations.
- Perform remote testing of products and services.
- Remotely load/update application and embedded software versions across multiple heterogeneous platforms and networks through automation frameworks.
- Understand all network technologies, designs and product offerings to troubleshoot and analyze complex system & network designs/issues and provide short/long term resolution and automation plans.
- Understand, apply and maintain platform and application standards as documented in Operations manuals and/or provided by Product Management, Professional Services, Architecture and Engineering.
- Manage short and mid-range projects with little-to-no supervision, including operations requirement reviews on upcoming products and projects, MOP (Method of Procedures) authoring and peer reviews.
- Indulge heavily into Automation framework plugins creation, installation and maintenance and active development of system tools to automate recurring tasks.
- Manage all aspects of MOP execution, including detailed authoring, peer reviews, execution, and reversion. Ensuring the customer is well informed and perceives no degradation is paramount.
- Responsible for authoring coherent global change requests and providing thorough-but-swift responses to the change review board.
- Own the service & participate in an on-call rotation
- Provide expert level support to all areas of Operations. Mentoring and training new company team members is compulsory.
- Work with tools & technologies such as Wireshark, Query Analyzer, PL/SQL Developer, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Hadoop as well as common scripting and automation programming languages (Python, Perl, Shell, C, C++, JS)
- Maintain an online operations knowledge base that provides break/fix instructions, troubleshooting tips, and analysis steps for operations staff
- Provide expert-level technical product feedback, optimization and design improvements to Product Management, Professional Services and Engineering.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5 - 9 years
- Application environments - Java, Web services, Signaling systems, RDBMS, Big-data, Cloud
- Platforms - Linux, CentOS, VMWare, Cloud - Azure/AWS
- Network Transport & Communications protocols knowledge & advance debugging & troubleshooting skills in TCP/UDP/IP, SS7, SIGTRAN, MAP/CAP, SMPP/UCIP/CIMD, SIP, RTP/RTCP, HTTP/HTTPS/XML/SOAP, VXML
- Programming - Linux Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, PL/SQL, Java script
- Tools - WireShark,
- Hadoop - use, administration, tuning
- MySQL, Polyhedra, Postgres Oracle RDBMS - use & administration, tuning
- Process & Information security & compliance standards & frameworks
- Software Testing (Integration, UAT), Test automation
- Familiarity with Agile Methods and Methodology
- Knowledge about CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment), Continuous Development
- Configuration Management through Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Programming in Java/C/C++/R
- HW installation & commissioning
- Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS, Dell switches
- ISO, SEI CMM
- with major in: IT/Comp Sc./ECE/Electrical
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth