Senior Web DeveloperApply Location Pune, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: The demand on digital technologies to support our organization’s marketing activities is rapidly increasing; as a result, our Nuance Digital Marketing Technology Group is expanding. We are looking for talented and passionate team players to join us to build an offshore development team located in Pune, India.
The Front-End Web Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting existing Nuance digital marketing platforms, primarily Corporate Marketing’s blog platform (which is built on WordPress); this role will also support various social media-related projects.
The role must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities; be able to work in a varied, fast paced and result driven environment with clear understanding of responsibility and accountability; be able to successfully manage one's time and work with across functional groups. With fast changing technologies, we are also expecting the person to be a quick learner and to be able to solve problems, apply new processes and best practices in their work with sound judgment and minimal instruction.
The ideal candidate must possess strong technical expertise on developing front-end of a web application while also understanding server back-end technologies; and be able to work hands-on with the most popular Web Content Management platform: WordPress. Experience in other web content management systems, such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, and ability of creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework is highly desired, as is experience with social media management solutions such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, Hootsuite, and Salesforce; web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
The candidate must be a strong team player with a positive attitude to always move things forward and should be able to work independently with minimal supervision. He or she must be a self-starter and trustworthy; work well under pressure, understand customer priorities and have the desire to strive to exceed expectations.
This position will report to Director of Technology, Digital Marketing group.
• Support the cleanup, development, and maintenance of Nuance Digital Marketing WordPress blog multisite platform, offering expertise and technical assistance to our Corporate Social Marketing business team.
• Work closely with Brand & Digital team to continuously improve our blog site UX and deliver the best user experience, supporting our goal of driving more traffic to nuance.com and moving prospects through the sales funnel.
• Design and implement new web applications or web features to support new marketing initiatives, either on nuance.com blog site or other Nuance owned online properties.
• Perform complete testing of Web applications–unit and system, conduct user acceptances testing, and report results; engaging users as necessary.
• Act as the main point of contact for support-related issues raised by divisional marketing teams for our Corporate Social Media platforms; identifying bugs, functionality limitations, and proposing, implementing, and explaining improvements to key business stakeholders.
• When engaging with outside vendors on related WordPress web development projects, act as the technical partner and Nuance liaison.
• Support projects related to integrating popular social networks sharing/following functionality (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) into the blog and nuance.com site (familiar with OpenGraph tags).
• Communicate to senior management and core US team for project status as required, help to escalate key issues and obstacles to management in a timely manner with recommended solutions.
• Become familiar with Adobe Analytics and partner with our Web Analytics team to translate business requests into actionable insights
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
• 3+ years demonstrable experience in web design and development, UI tier design and technologies; familiar with MVC Module pattern.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with WordPress Web Content Management system and cloud hosting providers such as WP Engine, Rackspace, Amazon Web Services, Combell, etc.
• Basic understanding of marketing concepts and practices.
• Cross-browser, cross-platform and/or cross-device compatibility coding and testing.
• Familiar with common web application development and debug utilities.
• Basic understanding of database technologies and can write simple SQL statement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and analytical ability; experience with writing business requirement and software technical design document.
• Strong aptitude for problem-solving, applying resourcefulness and creativity toward finding solutions; proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus.
• Great sense of UX design with superior attention to detail and high quality.
• Open-minded, willingness to learn new technologies as required and provide recommendations and ideas to improve Marketing technology platform.
• Experience with Web Content Management system such as Adobe AEM, Drupal, Sitecore
• .Net/C++, .ASP Or J2EE/Java, Apache Web Server
• Experience with integration of social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
• Experience with social media management solutions such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, Hootsuite, and Salesforce.
• Experience using web metrics software (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics; digital marketing-related field a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth