Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
SOC L3 AnalystApply Job ID 1-41193 Date posted 05/23/2019 Location Pune, India
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: The SOC L3 analyst prepares and manages incidents that are escalated, based on alerts and use cases. He/she support the team by helping triage and growing team skills. He/she ensures a high level of documentation with communication suitable to non-technical audience. On major incident, he/she acts as incident commander and single point of contact.
The SOC L3 analyst reports to the SOC manager. This role must display an in-depth understanding of new trends and technologies related to IT security and contribute to the company IT security strategy and roadmap.
• As an active member of the team, monitor and process response for security events on a 24x7 basis.
• Plan and execute regular incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
• Stay current with and remain knowledgeable about new threats. Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) from security events across a large heterogeneous network of security devices and end-user systems.
• Leverage automation and orchestration solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
• Aid in threat and vulnerability research across event data collected by systems.
• Investigate and document events to aid incident responders, managers and other SOC team members on security issues and the emergence of new threats.
• Work alongside other security team members to hunt for and identify security issues generated from the network, including third-party relationships.
• Seek opportunities to drive efficiencies.
• Evaluate SOC policies and procedures and recommend updates to management as appropriate.
• Adhere to service level agreements (SLAs), metrics and business scorecard obligations for ticket handling of security incidents and events.
• Partner with the security engineering team to improve tool usage and workflow, as well as with the advanced threats and assessment team to mature monitoring and response capabilities.
• Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as Windows, Unix, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security and data networking, to offer global solutions for a complex heterogeneous environment.
• Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat detection as the industry evolves.
• Create and play scenarios for team exercises
• Perform other duties as assigned.
A typical day:
• 50%, preparing or managing incidents
o Analyzing security alerts and events logfiles, packet captures, system logs...
o Reviewing incident process and playbook
o Ensuring tools are available and operational
• 20%, projects
o Onboarding environment for production
• 20%, improve, threat hunting, educate
o Research undetected attacker
o Educate and improve security awareness of internal staff
o New ideas
This job may not be for you...
• If you don’t manage pressure well
• If you can’t work on shift
• If you need a lot of well-established procedures and runbooks before you can make a decision
• Experience working in a 24x7 operational environment, with world-wide presence preferred.
• Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
• Experience working with SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), file integrity monitoring (FIM), DLP and other network and system monitoring tools.
• Knowledge of a variety of Internet protocols.
• Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
• Certifications can be considered a plus if applicable
Number of Years of Work Experience: 7
Required Skills: Incident Response, Security, SIEM, Curiosity, Critical thinking, Problem-solving, Writing
Preferred Skills: Sumologic, Cisco, Symantec
Education: Master’s Degree or extra equivalent experience
A note on experience: We understand that experience and educations come in different forms. Many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We want you to show us your dedication, impact and teamwork. We want you to learn new things too.
We encourage you to apply if your experience is close.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc