Research ScientistApply Location Sunnyvale, California; Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary:The candidate is expected to contribute to cutting edge research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications. The candidate is expected to develop and implement prototypes and solutions for real world problems. The candidate is expected to work/collaborate with other groups within the Lab and across Nuance to successfully transition R&D outcomes for productization
- The candidate will work within a team of researchers engaged in state-of-the-art research in AI and Conversational systems, and as part of that team, will interact with other Lab researchers involved in natural language understanding, AI reasoning and dialog management.
- The candidate is expected to contribute innovative ideas to these teams as well as publish within the research community. The candidate will also contribute to the software development of technology components and capabilities based on artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques and principles, as well as the testing and integration with other NLU, dialog, and reasoning components.
- It is expected that the candidate work effectively with other researchers/engineers within the Lab and across Nuance, and participate in the transition of R&D outcomes to downstream groups within Nuance.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 1+
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python or C/C++.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Comfortable working in team settings
- Contribution to Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning research, including publications at relevant conferences such AAAI, IJCAI, ICML, KDD, etc.
- Strong publication record
- Strong software development experience a plus
- Ability to contribute to the definition of research agenda and execute on agenda
- Experience working with Engineering and Product groups to transition R&D outcomes
Education:PhD in computer science or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is availablehere.If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage