Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior/Principal Data Security Manager (Flexible-working) - Sydney or MelbourneApply Job ID 1-40765 Date posted 07/31/2019 Location Sydney, Australia | Melbourne, Australia
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Principal Data Security Manager will report to the Director of Sales Engineering Security and Privacy Compliance, Enterprise Worldwide and works directly with the Nuance Sales teams.
The Principal Data Security Manager’s main role is to be responsible for understanding and representing Nuance’s environment related to data security and privacy within the Enterprise division – respond to, interact and provide support and documentation to relevant customer discussions, RFPs, ISQs, etc. The Manager will be comfortable working with documents such as questionnaires, contracts and proposals. The Manager must have a good mix of soft and technical skills relating to data security and privacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Needs to have the ability to learn about Nuance enterprise products and the security functions related to those products
- Engage the customer in active discussion related to the security and privacy aspects of Nuance Enterprise division solutions both through active (direct) and passive (indirect – supporting others) means for continued deal progression.
- Good understanding of Nuance’s information security plans and policies related to Nuance Enterprise solutions, including how we respond to and recover from outages, potential security breaches, etc
- Awareness/enablement of key Sales Support resources on Nuance’s information security standards, policies and best practices to enable individuals to respond to customers independently
- Contribute to organizational process improvement in the sales cycle as it relates to security and privacy, including processes related to developing use cases and knowledge management
- Support and lead RFP, RFI, ISQ process related to security and privacy
- Collaborate with peers and Global Security on appropriate customer-facing conversations and documentation; maintaining document knowledge base to Sales Engineering Team
- Single Nuance Customer Experience (CX) passion, client-service mindset, hold line-of-sight business unit accountability
- Fully accountable and drives culture of accountability, leads with influence.
- Ability to inspire CX, collaborate with, influence, large distributed teams with diverse skills
- Collaborative and highly communicative, including with external parties
- Provide honest feedback, and employs rigorous talent development practices – including intentional mentoring/knowledge share to others (Sales Engineers and Solution Consultants, etc.)
- Adhere to/meet timelines for all RFP, RFI, ISQ needs with content that will progress opportunity for Nuance
- Technical expertise – this role is the SME for all Nuance Enterprise division solutions
- Drive security, recovery objectives, technical discussions as needed during sales process
- Document all discussions and decisions during customer calls
- Customer-focused mindset with focus on key enterprise initiatives and trends
- Deliver high quality work while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Metrics driven – understand key metrics; seeking opportunities for improvement
- Ability to motivate and influence others to achieve greater outcomes
- Clear, on-time NPI process that allows for content-rich customer engagement
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Minimum years of work experience: Preferably 6+ years
- Certifications, such as CISA and/or CISSP (or equivalent)
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Ability to take customer requirements and consult with relevant internal authorities in order to draft proposals and statements of work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated with an ability to function with little oversight
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliverables with varying deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation
- Experience with contact center technologies (IVR, WFM, Telephony)
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artificial Intelligence)
- Familiarity with Security and industry related regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC, PCI DSS, HIPAA, Data Protection and Privacy regulations).
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc