Senior Research Engineer - Deep Learning ToolsApply Location Turin, Italy; Aachen, Germany
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…;intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
We have an exciting opportunity for a software developer looking to work in deep learning - we are currently hiring a Senior Research Engineer to work in our research tools group, responsible for the development and maintenance of key ASR/NLU model training systems and tools and work in an agile/scrum environment to deliver high quality software and respond user requests and inquiries.
You'll work with researchers and engineers to design, develop and evaluate research tools, support both fast research cycles and stable production code.
Products supported by this team are like something from science fiction!
As a research software engineerin the model training tool team, you will work with technical lead and team members to:
- Implement new features, which may come from researchers or tool users, into the toolkit
- Improve performance (speed, efficiency, and robustness) of the toolkit
- Evaluate, prototype and introduce new technologies to the toolkit
- Maintain high quality software
- Respond user requests and inquiries
- Participate in continuous learning of deep learning/machine learning technologies
You should have:
- Master degree in Computer Science and some work experience OR a PhD in either Machine Learning, (ASR) Automatic Speech recognition or NLP
- Excellent Python programming skills.
- Solid Unix/Linux knowledge and shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with neural networks/deep learning training system.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks: ideally Tensorflow but PyTorch also considered.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and result-driven attitude
- Experience in Docker/Singularity, onnx;
- Experience in development and maintenance of large software system and/or opensource software
- Proficient with both python and C++.
- Solid understanding of ML pipelines: data processing, feature extraction, modelling, training, deployment, monitoring
- Experience with multi-disciplinary global teams, work with remote teams.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth