Software Engineer - Voice RecognitionApply Location Turin, Italy
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…;great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with C / C++ knowledge to join a world class international team working on our Nuance Automatic Speech Recognition technologies which increase efficiency of our customers self-service applications and deliver an excellent user experience for their customers.
This Nuance IVR middleware team is responsible for designing and developing real-time, multi-modal components of Nuance Speech Suite – building connecting blocks in the core of the latest Nuance Speech Suite of voice products.
Your role will be to participate in the design, development, debugging of new software products and sustaining support or enhancements to the existing software, under the general direction of your direct supervisor.
Ideally you will have a wide spectrum of knowledge about core technologies, building C++ applications on Linux and Windows, and the flexibility that allows moving between different development areas and different components as necessary.
- Work independently, or in a group under the direction of a team lead, creating modules, design documentation, subsystems or applications primarily on the requested development platform in C and C++.
- Cooperate with quality assurance in defining test cases.
- Write module tests as part of the feature development.
- Document work and regularly report to the manager.
- Actively participate in project and scrum meetings
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline – graduates with good internship experience can also be considered
- Solid knowledge of the C and C++ languages is a must.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and Linux build and debug tools.
- Deep understanding of client/server programming is a must.
- Productivity in development, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Good communications and relationships with other developers and the QA team.
- Ability to quickly learn, efficiently and flexibly work with various technologies in heterogeneous environments.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams located in different time zones.
- Working experience with wide range of technologies, such Java is advantage, SQL, network protocols, VoIP, MRCP, SIP, data security and encryption, XML, VXML, SSML, IVR.
- Familiarity with Voice Recognition and Text to Speech technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and the tools.
- Familiarity with build and source control systems.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems, e.g. Jira, Mantis, etc.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth