Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Speech ScientistApply Job ID 1-41504 Date posted 07/05/2019 Location Madrid, Spain | Dublin, Ireland
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…;great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
We are hiring a Speech Scientist to be based in either Turin, Dublin or Madrid - you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of multi-channel Speech Science tasks for EMEA clients, with a strong focus on Italian and Spanish clients.
Most of our EMEA clients are household names, for which Nuance provides omnichannel bots (IVR, chat, web etc…;) handling millions of automated channel conversations each year, leveraging technologies including speech recognition, voice biometrics, natural language understanding. We would expect the successful candidate to work very closely with our Design and Technical teams to deliver truly excellent solutions, and to continue to develop professionally through becoming an active part of Nuance’s Speech Science community across the EMEA region, and globally.
- Delivery and/or co-ordination of all Speech Science tasks, for example design/implementation of complex recognition grammars, management of large data sets for the training and evaluation of statistic recognition, voice biometric models and digital bots.
- Working with User Interface designers to optimize customer experience through intelligent/pragmatic design choices, and optimal use of underlying speech technologies
- Support business-as-usual speech-related tasks for EMEA customers
- Occasional sales support input for Speech Science-specific queries
- Input to effort estimation for Speech Science elements of new projects
You should have:
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- A passion for managing and analyzing large volumes of data to solve problems and improve system performance
- Enthusiasm for working with customers - both internal and external - to optimize systems for their unique requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, in Italian and/or Spanish; strong written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well as part of a project team
- Strong programming skills in Python or Perl
- Comfortable with command-line interfaces and shell scripting
- Self-starter and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently
- Ability to scope work, taking into account technical, business and timeframe constraints
- Motivated to learn and acquire new technical skills
- Dynamic personality and flexible attitude
- Must be able/willing to obtain Security Clearance or similar (Nuance will arrange)
- Willing to travel to client sites occasionally in EMEA.
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Coursework or previous work experience in statistics, pattern recognition, machine learning, linguistics, speech recognition or signal processing
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with audio processing software, such as audacity, sox or wavesurfer
- A background in Data Science and statistical analysis,
- Knowledge of or experience with speech recognition algorithms
- Knowledge of or experience with Voice Biometric systems
- Familiarity with IVR and ASR platforms and APIs
Education: Relevant Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree or Doctorate in one or more of: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc