Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Software Engineer (Automotive)Apply Job ID 1-41251 Date posted 05/24/2019 Location Ulm, Germany
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
Mit Stolz möchten wir heute offiziell den Namen für unser geplantes Automotive Spin-off bekanntgeben: Cerence! Ab dem 1. Oktober 2019 begibt sich unser Automotive Team mit Cerence auf einen neuen Weg - ein Automobilsoftwareunternehmen der neuen Generation, das sich der Bereitstellung intelligenter Mobilitätslösungen für unsere Kunden widmet. „Cer“ reimt sich auf das englische Wort für Luft „air“ und „ence“ ähnelt dem englischen Wort für Sinn „sense“; Cerence ist ein neues Wort für eine neue Firma. Verfolgen Sie unsere spannende Reise auf www.cerence.com
As a Software Engineer you wil be porting and integration of the DragonDrive framework Software to new embedded platforms and operating systems in automotive consumer environment. Your main tasks will be integration, building, testing and delivery of DDFW to various customer projects.
- Contribute to Nuance’s Dragon Drive product development
- Analyze product requirements to define SW features, configuration and setup
- Define project specific framework software architecture
- Develop framework specific features and extensions
- Support software porting and integration activities for customer platforms
- Generation of software release notes and maintenance of process documentation
- Optimize software configuration for specific customer projects
- Create and maintain integration test specification according to system requirements
- Be up to date on technology development and challenge yourself to deliver best in class solutions to our customers
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2- 5
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills.
- Experienced in multi-threading software development for embedded systems.
- Experienced with embedded HW and operating OS like Linux, Android.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English skills.
- Team player, willing to work in a diverse environment with a geographically distributed, international team of experts.
- Self-learner, strong sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work consistently.
- Agile software development methods (Scrum)
- Software development and testing, process and methods, techniques and tools.
- Debugging techniques (tools, methods, best practices).
- Development of SW operating under Real-Time constraints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in German is a plus.
Education: Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc