Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Software EngineerApply Job ID 1-41223 Date posted 05/27/2019 Location Ulm, Germany
Today, we have some exciting news to share, as we officially announce the name of Nuance’s upcoming Automotive spin-off: Cerence! Upon spinning off from Nuance on October 1, our Automotive team will begin a new journey as Cerence, a pure-play, next-generation automotive software company fully focused on providing intelligent mobility solutions to our customers. “Cer” that rhymes with “air,” “ence” that rhymes with “sense,” Cerence is a new word for a new company. Visit cerence.com to follow along with our journey!
Mit Stolz möchten wir heute offiziell den Namen für unser geplantes Automotive Spin-off bekanntgeben: Cerence! Ab dem 1. Oktober 2019 begibt sich unser Automotive Team mit Cerence auf einen neuen Weg - ein Automobilsoftwareunternehmen der neuen Generation, das sich der Bereitstellung intelligenter Mobilitätslösungen für unsere Kunden widmet. „Cer“ reimt sich auf das englische Wort für Luft „air“ und „ence“ ähnelt dem englischen Wort für Sinn „sense“; Cerence ist ein neues Wort für eine neue Firma. Verfolgen Sie unsere spannende Reise auf www.cerence.com
The Nuance Communications Automotive division is at the cutting-edge of the latest technology. Delivering solutions that harness the power of A.I. and Machine Learning and used by some of the best known Automotive OEM’s in Germany, China, UK, USA and the rest of the world.
Our state-of-the-art systems include not only speech recognition and speech output which enables the end users in the car to control features like navigation, phone, media and even the air conditioning with their voice. But also, voice biometrics is part of our cutting-edge technology which allows the Infotainment System to identify to the person that is speaking as well as their location in the car.
As a Software Engineer at Nuance you will contribute to the agile development of the Automotive Infotainment systems in cooperation with our well-known Automotive customers and our R&D department.
- Analyze product requirements and liaise with R&D in order to implement framework configuration and setup
- Work together with framework team on requirements and optimal configuration for specific customer projects
- Data preparation for media, navigation destination input and address book
- Implement high level, customer specific speech dialog
- Implement interfaces to the different speech controlled applications like phone or media
- Verify the accuracy including preparation of sample data
- Perform memory and CPU measurements on customer hardware
- Work together with development and R&D for improving latency, memory and CPU consumption
- Reproduce defects reported by the customers or internal test team and find an appropriate solution
- Be up to date on technology development and challenge yourself to deliver best-in class solutions to our customers
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or similar a field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Programming skills with C/ C++ or Java
- Positive "can-do" attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively
- Ability and willingness to handle occasional peak demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
- Programming experience with Python
- Experience with Embedded Linux
- Experience with embedded software development is a strong plus
- Experience with speech recognition or related technologies is an advantage
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc