Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Remote)Apply Job ID 1-40818 Date posted 05/06/2019 Location
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Reporting to the Manager, Healthcare Consulting (Interim staffing), the Clinical Documentation Specialist will be responsible for providing CDS staffing services for clients. He/she will be responsible for improving documentation by identifying documentation improvement opportunities, based on medical record reviews. Under the guidance of the Manager, the Clinical Documentation Specialist is accountable for meeting a productivity and quality standard. The CDS is responsible for customer service to both the internal and external customers. Working within a goal driven environment is essential. Nuance provides a rigorous orientation and training program as well as a progression ladder/plan that allows for the consultants’ professional growth.
- Reviews 8-10 new cases per day, conducting comprehensive medical record review for documentation completeness and accuracy, in addition to 12-15 follow-ups per day.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of all Nuance CDI software applications.
- Correctly identifies initial and possible DRG.
- Identify documentation improvement opportunities to improve severity of illness and DRG.
- Identifies documentation improvement opportunities by consistent use of software resources (decision trees, coding guidelines, references).
- Correctly sequences DRG to reflect the highest level of severity when two or more diagnoses are present on admission and equally meet the definition of principal diagnosis.
- Completes all required weekly, monthly, and quarterly CDI competencies, and education modules/offerings.
- Generates compliant and clinically valid clarifications using Nuance best practices, to ensure documented conditions in the medical record are clinically valid, present on admission, consistent, and not conflicting.
- Manages core measures and patient safety indicators when triggered during case review.
- Utilizes process flow map for concurrent and post discharge CDI processes.
- Participates in project work, as assigned by manager, which may include precepting, quality reviews, or data analytics.
- Represent Nuance in a professional manner always, upholding the core values of: integrity, innovation, time, results and Nuance corporate values.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5 year of bedside nursing experience.
Required Skills: Critical care, emergency or strong medical surgical experience; able to travel 25% annually; customer facing skills, critical-thinking skills, interpersonal skills, agility, problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with a team and client.
Preferred Skills: Current bedside nursing practice, current professional nursing certification, CDS experience, Excel skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, experience developing others, quality assurance experience.
Education: BSN required; MSN preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc