Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior CDI Content AnalystApply Job ID 1-41723 Date posted 08/22/2019 Location
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
This role reports to Healthcare Research and Development Senior Content Manager and provides subject matter expertise to develop and evaluate evidence based Artificial Intelligence (AI) clinical software products.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Conducts retrospective patient case reviews of automated Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) queries
- Actively participates and contributes to Nuance Healthcare Research for CDI advanced practice software development.
- Identifies when automated queries are either absent, not stated in appropriate terminology, or are not appropriately recorded.
- Reviews patient cases to capture and label specific human language terms for clinical conditions, treatments, measurements and other evidence that supports Nuance AI clinical software development.
- Provides training and consultation for team members, software developers, physicians and product managers.
- Maintains a strong background in APR-DRG's, MS-DRG's, ICD-10 codes, coding guidelines and Coding Clinics as well as Medicare and other government billing specifications.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
•Registered Nurse licensure in the US State residency.
•CCDS (Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist or CDIP (Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner) certification preferred.
•Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
Minimum years of work experience:
- 3 years Inpatient bedside nursing
- 2 years’ experience with Nuance Clinical Documentation Improvement software.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with a cross functional team of clinicians, product managers, interface designers, consultants, delivery staff, and engineers as well as clients.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and/or facilitating training sessions.
- Superior analytical abilities: ability to draw insight from findings and understand the root cause of product quality issues.
- Team-oriented but also highly self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of APR-DRG's, MS-DRG's, ICD-10 codes, HCCs.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Possess knowledge of workflow processes and clinical systems used in hospitals.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner
- Experience as Lead Clinical Document Improvement Specialist responsible for mentoring, coaching other Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
- Possess one of the following Coding Professional Certifications: CPC, CCS-P, CCS
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc