Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Applied Research Scientist - Speech RecognitionApply Job ID 1-43834 Date posted 02/11/2020 Location Vienna, Austria
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Nuance Healthcare vision is a world where technology enhances the ability for clinicians to take care of their patients and doesn’t get in the way. As an Applied Research Scientist in Speech Recognition you’ll work with a multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of scientists and engineers, most of which are based in Vienna, Austria. You will help us improve our speech recognition technology and clinical documentation solutions. This technology impacts the daily work of healthcare providers and is used in products such as Dragon Medical One and PowerScribe 360.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and optimize language models and sequence-to-sequence models for speech recognition of English language
- Apply the latest research results, investigate and understand differences between alternative approaches
- Implement and improve tools, algorithms, and prototypes
- Define metrics, prepare data sets, run experiments, analyze, evaluate
- Work closely together with a team of speech recognition experts and present results and ideas to peers and managers
You should have:
- MSc. or PhD in Computer Sciences, Speech Recognition, Machine Learning, or similar fields like Physics or Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with deep learning technologies like DNNs and RNNs
- Experience with TensorFlow or similar frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Fluency with Unix/Linux, shell scripting
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Hands-on experience with modern speech recognition technologies like DNNs and RNNs
- Hands-on experience with sequence-to-sequence modelling techniques in NLU
- Solid machine learning background
- Experience in C++
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talented individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc