Operations ManagerApply Location Vienna, Austria
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Healthcare Cloud and Mobile, the Operations Manager will tackle key business processes that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Using strong operational and analytical experience from past environments, this person will monitor our organization’s functions and build processes that meet our business. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start from the outside and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong statistical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in in a structured and easy to digest way.
Focus on process best practices, standards, tools, graphical representation, dashboards and centralizing all operations to improve team efficiency .
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Actively help in defining and build up a new operations team which works closely with other members of the international Nuance operations teams
• Define, measure, track and report the impact and efficiency of business processes like ISO 9001
• Drive data analysis
• Build/improve processes based on our business goals
• Measure the efficiency of systems and procedures
• Monitor and improve daily functions
• Monitor and track budgets
• Quality and change management process background
• Insuring 3rd parties are working to our timelines and processes
• Create and maintain dashboards with existing or new to evaluate tools
• Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
• Be a hard-working multi-tasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go-to people when the
business requires solutions to fire drills
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Education: Degree in business management or similar or extensive commercial experience in an operations manager role
Minimum years of work experience:7+ Years
Extensive experience in an operations management or similar role
• Exceptional communication and organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong documentation skills, process background
• Advanced Excel experience / data management / Powerpoint skills
• Knowledge of SQL & Python, R is a plus
• Happy to work with remote teams across all time zones
• Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
• Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will increase efficiency in this role
• A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly
pushing toward clarity and delivery
• Experience with operations management tools, databases and project management software ideally in an
international working environment
Engineering Background or experience working with R&D teams and Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in the IT industry is a plus
• Knowledge of existing industrial standards like ISO, HIPAA
• Knowledge of existing industrial standards like ISO, HIPAA
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth