Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Software Architect / Technical Lead - Speech RecognitionApply Job ID 1-36233 Date posted 04/11/2019 Location Vienna, Austria
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Nuance Healthcare vision is a world where technology enhances the ability for clinicians to take care of their patients and doesn’t get in the way.
We are hiring a Software Architect / Technical Lead –you won’t be researching - but using your excellent technical skills while working closely together with multi-disciplinary and highly-motivated teams of scientists and engineers seeking to improve our speech recognition technology and clinical documentation solutions.
More specifically, your role is to connect scientists with engineers, making sure new technology, workflows and algorithms are optimally productized for correctness and performance, in the cloud or on embedded devices.
Experience required: 8 years
- Act as the link between the engineering and research teams you will keep yourself and the engineering teams abreast of latest research teams’ development and findings while at the same time ensuring research scientists have the best understanding possible of the engineering team’s vision, planning and constraints.
- Identify roadmap issues/conflicts and help address them through varied technical proposals.
- Help define metrics, prepare data sets, run experiments, analyse and evaluate results pre- and post-productization.
- Implement, optimize and maintain tools, algorithms and production code.
- Work on final phases of prototype development and on the transition from prototype stage to stable code.
You should have:
- Master’s in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as a technical lead or software architect.
- High-level understanding of modern machine learning techniques.
- Excellent C++ and Python software development skills.
- Excellent algorithmic and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (listening and delivering). English is mandatory.
- Ability to work with teams spread over many countries and continents.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware and operating systems.
- Familiarity with modern cloud architectures.
- Familiarity with Healthcare challenges as a software provider.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc