Senior Applied Research Scientist, Speech Recognition - Machine LearningApply Location Vienna, Austria
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Nuance Healthcare vision is a world where technology enhances the ability for clinicians to take care of their patients and doesn’t get in the way.
In this position, you will work with a multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of scientists and engineers, most of which are based in Vienna, Austria.
You will be responsible for optimizing speech recognition models and developing other speech recognition improvements which impact the daily work of healthcare providers. These models are used in products such as Dragon Medical One and PowerScribe 360.
• Create and optimize speech recognition models for different languages with a focus on English and European languages
• Apply the latest research results, investigate and understand differences between alternative approaches
• Analyze field data to identify areas which can be improved
• Define metrics, prepare data sets, run experiments, analyze, evaluate
• Implement and improve tools, training recipes and prototypes
• Work closely together with a team of speech recognition experts and present results and ideas to peers and managers
You should have:
• MSc. or PhD in Computer Sciences, Speech Recognition, Machine Learning, or similar field, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of modern machine learning techniques
• Fluency with Unix/Linux
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and shell scripts
• Solid machine learning background
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Speech recognition experience
• Experience with TensorFlow or similar
• Experience in C/C++
• Experience with data management for speech recognition
• Experience with large-scale data processing and analytics
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets by NuanceHealth