Find Nuance jobs that match your profile.
Senior Applied Research Scientist, Speech Recognition - Machine LearningApply Job ID 1-40017 Date posted 02/06/2019 Locaton Vienna, Vienna
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Nuance Healthcare vision is a world where technology enhances the ability for clinicians to take care of their patients and doesn’t get in the way.
In this position, you will work with a multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of scientists and engineers, most of which are based in Vienna, Austria.
You will be responsible for optimizing speech recognition models and developing other speech recognition improvements which impact the daily work of healthcare providers. These models are used in products such as Dragon Medical One and PowerScribe 360.
• Create and optimize speech recognition models for different languages with a focus on English and European languages
• Apply the latest research results, investigate and understand differences between alternative approaches
• Analyze field data to identify areas which can be improved
• Define metrics, prepare data sets, run experiments, analyze, evaluate
• Implement and improve tools, training recipes and prototypes
• Work closely together with a team of speech recognition experts and present results and ideas to peers and managers
You should have:
• MSc. or PhD in Computer Sciences, Speech Recognition, Machine Learning, or similar field, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of modern machine learning techniques
• Fluency with Unix/Linux
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and shell scripts
• Solid machine learning background
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Speech recognition experience
• Experience with TensorFlow or similar
• Experience in C/C++
• Experience with data management for speech recognition
• Experience with large-scale data processing and analytics
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
You have not viewed any jobs recently
I recently rejoined Nuance because I love having the privilege of working with a diverse team of nice and talent individuals to drive customer satisfaction. Having the flexibility within my role to get stuff done while maintaining a good work-life balance.Martin General Manager
I fell in love with Nuance especially the innovative platforms we create and we impact people’s lives. The work I do every day at Nuance makes a difference and I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.Vishnu Tech Support
I have been working in the Healthcare industry for close to 20 years and have marveled at how Nuance has been able to keep up with the industry changes and challenges. Every day I am challenged, and every day I make sure the customer comes first. The culture and employees at Nuance are wonderful. I am proud to work for such a dynamic and diverse company and I look forward to the future growth.Kristen Inside Sales
I work with some of the smartest colleagues in the industry to turn leading technology and innovative ideas into products and solutions that solve real life problems and have a positive impact on people. I love the flexibility of working.Martin Product Manager
Life at Nuance
We believe in an inclusive culture founded in innovation, life-long development, community impact, and flexible benefits programs so that you can be your best every day.Learn More
Industries we Serve
Nuance can develop industry-specific solutions for your businessLearn More
- Tweets by NuanceInc