Test Automation DeveloperApply Location Waterloo, Canada
At Nuance, we are hard at work creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do. As a leading provider of voice and natural language understanding solutions, we design the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. We partner with the best and largest companies around the world – including car manufacturers, mobile carriers, banks, hospitals, and airlines – to improve service, make their businesses and products run more smoothly, and create a better experience for their customers. Built into contemporary systems, our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate, reduce complicated processes into simple ones, and, above all, empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them.
Our solutions make people’s lives easier at home, in the office, and on-the-go, so that they can spend their time on the things that matter most to them.
The Test Automation Developer works as a member of the QA team and reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance. The person is responsible for the development of automation frameworks, establishing infrastructure to convey automated testing, and the creation and execution of automated test scripts. As part of a larger team, this person will work with QA Specialists and Developers to understand solution requirements and assist the test lead in the development of test strategies and plans utilizing test automation best practices.
- Investigate and recommend innovative automated test approaches and processes for existing and coming new enterprise software and hardware products that in QA’s testing scope
- Paticipate in designing and developing testing automation framework/tools that can support component-level testing automation for new functionalities, and a full-blown regression testing suite for system-level end to end services and Web UI.
- Continuously improve automated testing methodologies enable testers to maximize test coverage of the full depth of enterprise products
- Review functional and technical documentation to identify requirements for the new function implementation in order to supporting new features test automation
- Execute automated testing scripts and generate testing result report
- Based on automated testing result report, work with QA test lead and Developers to ensure all functionalities have been tested, defects have been identified and documented, impacts have been assessed, and resolutions provided.
Numebr of Years of Work Experience: 3+ years in software testing automation development
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or Python
- Experience in test automation development for Web UI Selenium or Autoit
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, and detail-oriented
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with scalable distributed systems
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodologies like Scrum
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a development team with a co-operative attitude
- Experience in software testing automation development for embedded system
Education: University or higherdegree in computer science/engineering or related technical field.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees spend their days reinventing the relationship between people and technology. Join Nuance and help shape the future. Hear from members of our global team. Click profiles to learn more.
Close Employee InformationArvind K. R&D Pune, India
Innovation: Nuance is like a $2-billion start-up. There are so many things we are doing for the first time, but the scale is huge and the machinery is complex.
We are a matrix organization: It is challenging but very rewarding to build collaborations with stakeholders that are halfway around the world.
Impact: It boggles the mind to think that such a simple thing like software can not only change lives, but actually save lives. And finally, to paraphrase a quote from an unknown source: You have to be a little bit crazy to work at Nuance, but you have to be completely crazy to work anywhere else.
Close Employee InformationShauna D. Human Resources Burlington, United States
The global HR team is incredibly collaborative and creative. The work environment here at Nuance is diverse, dynamic - offering opportunities to challenge myself, while allowing me to have sound work-life balance.
Close Employee InformationVaidehi K. R&D Bangalore, India
“I like having the opportunity to work with different teams in Healthcare and I have been fortunate to make strong contacts over the years. I enjoy the fact that there are constantly new and diverse challenges and that I get to explore and learn new things every day.”
Close Employee InformationEric T. Human Resources Atlanta, United States
It was the great Will Rogers who said… “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Here at Nuance –the work has always been challenging, demanding beyond belief, but in the service of others it’s fulfilling. I believe I’m making a difference. I believe together we’re making a difference. This is why I’m here.
Close Employee InformationAnja L. Sales Aachen, Germany
I love being part of a team that is creating innovative strategies and building solutions for the world’s biggest companies. We’re changing how people interact with the technology they use every day— like their car—and that’s an incredible feeling!
Working at Nuance
With more than 13,500 employees and 45 offices around the world, we strive to create an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment.Learn More
As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network, and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!Learn More
- Tweets about from:NuanceHealth OR from:NuanceEnt OR from:NuanceHealth OR from:DragonTweets OR from:NuanceImage